West End, Brisbane
Job Code: SPO19112021 01
Full time fixed term until December 2023
Established in 1976, ECCQ has a long and proud history of leading and contributing to the development of Queensland as a successful multicultural society. ECCQ’s focus is supporting and advocating for the needs, interests and contributions of culturally and linguistically diverse communities in Queensland and providing culturally inclusive health services, information and education. We believe that everyone, irrespective of their background, should be able to participate in and contribute to all aspects of Australian life.
ECCQ is supporting Queensland’s growth into an inclusive and harmonious community – for everyone to enjoy and participate in. ECCQ continues to be the reference point for ethnic community representation in Queensland.
ECCQ owns and operates Diversicare which has been the industry leader in providing culturally inclusive community based and in-home care and Berlasco Court Caring Centre, the only recognised residential care provider in Queensland that focuses on cultural inclusiveness.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Policy Officer with experience in policy development and the ability to advocate for an equitable multicultural Queensland. The role is responsible for managing research, analysis and policy development to support ECCQ’s advocacy to promote multiculturalism and ensure equitable policies and non-discriminatory practices for all, regardless of their cultural, linguistic, ethnic, racial or religious backgrounds.
· Possess a tertiary qualification in a field related to social or public policy and/or relevant demonstrated experience to fulfil the requirements of the position.
· Have an understanding of government processes, working with NGOs, and the advocacy and policy development process.
· Have a sound knowledge of the issues facing culturally and linguistically diverse communities in Queensland or demonstrated ability to rapidly acquire this knowledge.
· Demonstrate high level computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Client Management Systems.
· Demonstrate the ability to build effective relationships, work collaboratively and co-ordinate community networks with a range of stakeholders.
· Have excellent interpersonal skills, including proven ability in communicating clearly, presenting and working as part of multi-disciplinary team.
· Possess efficient and effective time management skills.
In order to be considered for this role, please complete your application including the following:
· Cover Letter – Clearly outlining how you meet the role requirements, including your cultural fit within ECCQ and with how you meet the key accountabilities listed in the role statement. No more than two pages in total.
· Current CV
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this position is 19 December, 2021.
For all other general enquiries please contact People and Culture on 3017 2740.